KAC T.H.I.N.K. Ambassador
The Korean American Coalition (KAC) is looking for passionate and motivated individuals for the T.H.I.N.K. Ambassador program to help raise awareness of the food crisis in North Korea. We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds to become a T.H.I.N.K. Ambassador. Each individual will learn about the background of the food crisis issue in North Korea, while also receiving training to prepare them to interact with elected officials and the general public in raising awareness of he humanitarian needs of the people of North Korea. This certification and training process will help each Ambassador utilize the skills and information given to them to help bring about social change through civic participation, education, and interaction.
Please join KAC and help spread the word about the food crisis affecting millions of North Koreans today.
T.H.I.N.K. Ambassador Requirements
1) Read the following two books:
*Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden
*Aquariums of Pyongyang by Cheol Hwan Kang
-Other suggested books:
*Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick
*Escaping North Korea by Mike Kim
2) View the Documentary:
*Kimjongilia or Seoul Train
3) Attend at least 3 seminars held by the KAC T.H.I.N.K. program with experts:
* Stephan Haggard, UCSD Professor
* David Kang, USC Professor
* Cheol Hwan Kang, NK Strategy Center
* Philip Yun, Ploughshares
* Sydney Seiler, White House National Security-NK Director
* Agency NK experts from Global Resources and/or Mercy Corps
4) Complete a T.H.I.N.K. project of your own choosing to help spread the information and increase awareness of the plight of North Koreans.
5) Pass a written and oral examination to show that they are capable Ambassadors for T.H.I.N.K.
There will be an application fee of $250 which will cover the cost of 3 books and all training sessions provided by KAC.
More in-depth information is available to those interested in English and Korean
Please fill out the T.H.I.N.K. Ambassador application form.