Shape your future. GET COUNTED.
The results of the 2020 Census will inform how $675 billion in federal funding is allocated to states and local communities for the next decade.
Every person counted in the Census brings about $2,000 to Los Angeles County each year.
By filling out the Census, you are directly earning resources and benefits you and your community receives for the next decade.
Funding allocated using Census data supports services and institutions our community relies on, including:
- healthcare resources including Medi-Cal
- etc etc etc!
- If you need help filling out the 2020 Census Census Online, please refer to this step-by-step instructional video.
- If you cannot participate online, you can call 844-330-2020 (English) or 844-392-2020 (Korean) to get counted by phone.
- If you cannot participate online nor by phone, a paper questionnaire will be delivered to you between April 8th and 16th. Fill out this paper questionnaire and mail it back. Refer to this step-by-step paper questionnaire guide.
You can check out the full list of questions on the 2020 Census on the sample questionnaire from the U.S. Census Bureau.
The 2020 Census will never ask for your Social Security number, money or donations, anything on behalf of a political party, your bank or credit card account numbers, or your immigration status.
By law, the Census Bureau cannot release any identifiable information about you, your home, or your business — even to law enforcement agencies. Your data is used only for statistical purposes, and your personal information is kept confidential.
To learn more about how the U.S. Census Bureau protects your information, click here.
*NOTICE* In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, the U.S. Census Bureau has adjusted 2020 Census operations in order to protect the health and safety of the public and Census Bureau employees. KAC was part of a successful campaign of community advocates who advocated to the U.S. Census Bureau to extend the 2020 Census deadlines.
The following is the updated timeline for the 2020 Census:
- mid-April. The Census Bureau mailed paper questionnaires to homes that had not yet responded online or by phone.
- March 12 – September 30. Self Response Period: You can fill out the Census online, by phone, or by mail.
- August 11 – September 30. Census takers will visit homes that haven’t responded to the 2020 Census to help make sure everyone is counted. You can still self-respond to the Census during this time.
You can see the most up-to-date Census timeline here: https://2020census.gov/en/important-dates.html