Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
2023 Summer – Korean American Coalition Internship Program (KIP)
Who We Are
Korean American Coalition – Los Angeles is the leading advocate and amplifier for the Korean American voice. Our mission is to promote the civic and civil rights interests of our community. Our grassroots and global relationships shape Los Angeles a home in which all of us belong.
We are looking to hire an energetic, collaborative, and curious intern – if you have a genuine passion for leaving a profound impact on communities, strive to do purposeful work, and like to roll up your sleeves to get things done, we would love to hear from you! Upon successful completion of the 7-week internship, a stipend of $1,000 will be provided
Anti-Asian Hate & Civic Engagement: Collaborate to create educational, advocacy, and engagement material Programs and Services: Assist with KAC’s core programs and services to impact diverse communities Communications: Compose, edit, and refine company messages for various communication channels Data & Reporting: Research about, collect data for, and write articles on KAC’s work and latest community trends Outreach: Support community activities at KAC office and various Los Angeles neighborhoods Special Projects: Accelerate your career growth by participating in work which impacts the world around you!
About You! You Are. .
- A rock star team player as well as an independent problem solver
- An upbeat self-starter with a curious mindset about nonprofit and community work
- A keen observer and a doer who sees the world from multiple angles and proposes solutions
- A super organizer with time management and organizational skills across multiple workstreams
- A lover of good messaging – whether written, visual, or digital
- An agile learner with familiarity with Google Suite, Canva, and social media platforms
What You Bring
- You are a Los Angeles County resident
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associate degree by Fall of 2023
- Must be able to work on-site as well as remotely; to commute to KAC’s office for in-person days
- Must be able to complete the entire seven (7) weeks of the internship (40 hours weekly)
- At least 18 years old of age at the start of internship
- Bilingual in Korean highly preferred
- Completed applications must be submitted by Sunday, May 28th 2023, 11:59 PM PDT
- Applicants must:
- Complete Application Form.
- Upload a PDF version of a current Resume or CV.
- Upload a PDF version of your School Transcript (official preferred, unofficial also accepted).
- Upload 2 Letters of Recommendation.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Sunday, May 28, 2023: Application Postmark Deadline
- Rolling Basis: Virtual Interviews
- Tuesday, June 20: KIP Orientation
- June 20 – August 4: 2023 KIP Program