Join us for a full day of exciting conversation, networking, and leadership development with top Korean Americans on Saturday, April 30th as we commemorate the 30th anniversary of 1992 SAIGU in Koreatown – Los Angeles.
Korean American Coalition (KAC) and the Council of Korean Americans (CKA) and are hosting a full-day conference at The Line LA on April 30th for young professionals, recent graduates, and college students in the Southern California area. Engage with Korean American executives, civic leaders, and experts about the impact of SAIGU in shaping the Korean American community and the important work of bridge-building across racial and ethnic groups.
Join us as speakers engage with audience members about Korean American identity, leadership, community service, and how we strengthen the next generation to continue amplifying the voice of Asian Americans in breakout workshops. Topics include entrepreneurship, women in executive leadership, civic engagement within the Asian American community, Korean American voices in media/entertainment, Korean Americans in biotech, medicine, and health.
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to meet and learn from Korean American trailblazers who are making a huge difference in our world. Speakers will include:
- Political Leaders: The Honorable Andy Kim, U.S. House of Representative; The Honorable Marilyn Strickland, U.S. House of Representative; Eric Garcetti, Mayor of City of Los Angeles
- Cultural Leaders: Joanne Molinaro (Korean Vegan); Nari Kye (Founder, Woori Show Inc.); Joseph Juhn (Producer and Director of JERONIMO and CHOSEN); Grace Lee (Director & Producer of Asian Americans); Jerry Won (Founder & CEO of Just Like Media)
- Civic Leaders: Connie Chung Joe (CEO, Asian American Advancing Justice-LA); Jerry Kang (Professor, University of California, Los Angeles); Edward Chang (Professor, University of California, Riverside); Eunice Song (Executive Director, Korean American Coalition); Abraham Kim (Executive Director, Council of Korean Americans); Do Kim (President, The K.W. Lee Center for Leadership)
- Business/Media/Tech Leaders: Jonathan Sposato (Founder, GeekWire & JoySauce); Angela Killoren (CEO, CJ Entertainment USA); Theresa Kang-Lowe (Executive Producer of Apple TV + Pachinko); Yul Kwon (Vice President of Product Management, Google)
- Entrepreneurs: Yanghee Paik (CEO, Rael); Youngwon Lee (Founder, Dokkabier); David Choi (Conrad Hilton Professor of Entrepreneurship, Loyola Marymount University)
.. And Many More!
Executive Director, Council of Korean Americans
Executive Director, Korean American Coalition
Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Los Angeles
The Honorable Eric Garcetti
City of Los Angeles
Plenary | Korean American Community, Public Services, and Building Bridges: A Conversation with US Representatives
Philip W. Yun
President & Chief Executive Officer
The Honorable Andy Kim
U.S. House of Representative
U.S. House of Representative
Roundtable Discussion | SAIGU@30: Its Significance, Its Impact and The Opportunities for the Korean American Community
Professor of Law University of California, Los Angeles
Professor of Ethnic Studies University of California, Riverside
The K.W. Lee Center for Leadership
Connie Chung Joe
CEO Asian American Advancing Justice-LA
Documentarian; Director and Producer of Asian Americans
Managing Partner LimNexus LLP
SPEAKERS from Breakout Session I
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist & Founder, Your Change Provider, PLLC
Vice President of Local Public Affairs Southern California Edison
CEO, CJ Entertainment USA
Founder & CEO
Golden Circle Group, LLC.
Artistic Director Adventure Theatre MTC
Vice President of Product Management Google
Founder, President & CEO
Susan Lee MacDonald
CEO and Producer The Agni Group
Partner Covington & Burling LLP
Joanne Lee Molinaro
Blogger & Author Korean Vegan
Founder & CEO Song Group Inc.
Co-Founder & CEO
Founder, GeekWire and JoySauce
SPEAKERS FROM Breakout Session II
Conrad Hilton Professor of Entrepreneurship Loyola Marymount University
Assistant United States Attorney U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California.
Political Director Sonia Chang-Diaz’s Gubernatorial Campaign
Producer and Director of JERONIMO and CHOSEN
Nassiri & Jung LLP
Founder & CEO Tapas Media Inc.
Christina M. Kim
Creator, Executive Producer
& Co-Showrunner of The
CW series, Kung Fu
Senior Vice President of Current Programs
Lionsgate Motion Picture Group
Creator, Director, and Host, Woori Show Inc.
Special Counsel on Language Justice Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
Ki Hong Lee
Maze Runner and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Co-Founder & CEO Dokkabier
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Blue Marble Pictures
and Blue Marble
Founder & CEO Rael
Founder & CEO Just Like Media
Hanna Kim Yoon
Counsel, International Transactional and Governance Herbalife Nutrition
The Honorable Dave Min
California State Senator (SD37)
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SUPPORTERS